Glass fiber (English name: glass fiber or fiberglass) is an excellent performance of inorganic non-metallic materials, a wide range of advantages is good insulation, heat resistance, good corrosion resistance, high mechanical strength, but the disadvantage is the Crisp, poor wear resistance. It is made of glass ball or waste glass as raw material by high temperature melting, drawing, yarn, weaving and other processes made of its monofilament diameter of a few microns to twenty microns, the equivalent of a hair Of the 1 / 20-1 / 5, each bundle of fiber raw silk by hundreds or even thousands of monofilament composition. Glass fiber is usually used as a composite material in the reinforced materials, electrical insulation materials and insulation materials, circuit boards and other areas of the national economy.
Melting point 680 ° C
The boiling point of 1000 ° C
Density of 2.4 ~ 2.7g / cm3
Glass fiber as a reinforced plastic reinforcement material application, the biggest feature is the tensile strength. Tensile strength in the standard state is 6.3 ~ 6.9 g / d, wet state 5.4 ~ 5.8 g / d. Density of 2.54. Good heat resistance, the temperature reached 300 ℃ when the intensity did not affect. Has excellent electrical insulation, is a high-level electrical insulation materials, but also for insulation materials and fire shielding materials. Generally only concentrated alkali, hydrofluoric acid and concentrated phosphoric acid corrosion.
Its main components are silica, alumina, calcium oxide, boron oxide, magnesium oxide, sodium oxide, etc., according to the amount of alkali in the glass can be divided into alkali-free glass fiber (sodium oxide 0% to 2% Borosilicate glass), alkali glass fiber (sodium oxide 8% ~ 12%, boron-free or boron-free calcium silicate glass) and high-alkali glass fiber (more than 13% sodium oxide, sodium Silicate glass).
Key Features Editor
Raw materials and their applications: glass fiber than organic fiber temperature is high, non-combustible, anti-corrosion, heat insulation, good sound insulation, high tensile strength, good electrical insulation. But the brittle, wear resistance is poor. Used to make reinforced plastic (see color chart) or reinforced rubber, as a reinforcing fiber glass fiber has the following characteristics, these features make the use of glass fiber far more than other types of fiber, the development speed is also far ahead of its characteristics are listed below:
(1) high tensile strength, elongation is small (3%).
Glass fiber cut yarn
Glass fiber cut yarn
(2) high elasticity coefficient, good rigidity.
(3) elastic limit within the large elongation and high tensile strength, so the absorption of large impact energy.
(4) for the inorganic fiber, with non-flammable, good chemical resistance.
(5) water absorption is small.
(6) scale stability, heat resistance are good.
(7) good processing, can be made into stocks, beams, carpets, weaving, and other different forms of products.
(8) transparent through the light.
(9) with a resin having a good adhesion to the surface treatment agent.
(11) is not easy to burn, high temperature can be made into glass beads.
- What are the advantages of FRP Rod?
- 2017 VIETNAMEXPO From Apr.19th To A...
- How to make FRP Rods?
- FRP Rod in Container (Fiberglass Ro...
- Fiber Glass Rod/Glass Fiber Rod Pro...
- High Quality FRP Pultruded Rod
- Jiangsu Hongbo In 2017 VIETNAMEXPO
- Fiberglass Poles Glass Fiber Twist ...
- Fiberglass Profiles Present Situati...
- Cable Reinforcement China Cable Ind...
- Fiberglass Rods Composites
- Fiberglass Tubes Glass Fiber Impreg...
- High Strength Glass Fiber Fiberglass
- Fiberglass Pultrusion Thermoplastics
- FRP Pultrusion Matrix Solidification
- Pultruded Fiberglass Classification...
- Fiberglass Rods Strong Resistance T...
- Fiberglass Tubes Process Requirements